I used a crust recipe from Epicurious and it will work for either a full 9" tart pan or about 4-6 mini tart pans, which is what I used. This crust recipe is great to make ahead of time and then freeze until you need it. If you make it ahead of time, form the dough into a disc (or discs if you are using smaller pans), wrap, and freeze/refrigerate it that way.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 2 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
Blend flour and salt. Add butter; using a pastry cutter, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 3 tablespoons ice water and cream. Process just until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; chill 1 hour.
Heat the oven to 375°F and spray or butter the tartlet pans. Roll dough into a small circle and then push the tart dough into the pans, poke holes in the bottom with a fork, and place in freezer for 10-20 minutes. Remove from freezer and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
For the Ganache:
- 6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3-5 cups fresh raspberries